Thursday, February 16, 2017

Write, Write, Write, OMG

Printed Cotton (detail) - Gown, 1796. The Met. C.I.55.50.4
This week we are wrapping up the manuscript for the American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Dressmaking.

It's been intense and this is only the beginning. It's amazing how complacent one can feel until just before the deadline. Then it's chaos! Our eyeballs are melting and our brains are mush, but we are also filled with excitement, trepidation, joy, fear, and a sense of accomplishment.

I can't share more with you right now - oh how we wish we could! - but Abby and I are both looking forward to the processes that come next as we work with our editor and designer to sculpt all these words and pictures in a colorful and hopefully useful work for everyone.

We are also looking forward to working on our 2017 "public" projects after the book projects are done. We are attending Jane Austen Festival in July as well as Costume College at the beginning of August and need gowns for both events. We look forward to sharing the new ideas with you soon.

"The American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Dressmaking" is set to release at the end of the year. We'll have more information for you soon!

Much Love,

Lauren and Abby

10 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for the book! I can't wait to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed tight for your book, may it go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been fun but also a challenge, and a challenge but also fun :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for the book! I have an unrelated question but I have been meaning to ask for a while:
    My 18th garments don't look "just right"
    Do you think it could be my stays? I can't lace them up as much as I really should and they are a tad bit big (they can still lace up but not a lot) Any advice would be so, so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle - it's hard to assess without seeing a photo. Could you send us a pic @americanduchess on Facebook?

      Delete
  4. So exciting! Will you be able to share any tidbits on the book at Costume College? Looking forward to seeing you both there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I need it! I hope it will be available in Europe too!
    Great thing you do and long longed for!

    ReplyDelete